These burgers are sooooooo YUMMY, HEALTHY, and SIMPLE to make! It’s a great recipe on days you need a quick meal.
I also like to make my own version of sweet potato fries on the side with this. I’ve included that on the ingredients and instructions below.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced and seeds removed
- 1 medium size shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- guacamole (I used a premade one from HEB)
- pico de gallo (I used a premade one from HEB)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel then slice the sweet potatoes. (I cut the potatoes in half to make it easier, then slice like “fries”)
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil over top, add salt and pepper, to taste, then mix together.
- Pour the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet covered in foil, and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Place the ground turkey, jalapeno, shallot, garlic, cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper into a bowl. Cut the lime in half and squeeze 1/2 of the limes into the bowl.
- Use your hands to mix everything together
- Form into four patties.
- Place a pan on the stove on medium heat, and add a little olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, cook the patties for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top with guacamole and pico de gallo