These Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps, have an AMAZING flavor! I like to make cauliflower rice on the side with it. It’s a healthy and easy recipe to make during the work week, which is a huge plus! Hope y’all enjoy!
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or Tamari gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (can use brown sugar or honey instead)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ cup julienne carrots
- Butter leaf lettuce
- Red Cabbage, finely chopped
- Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed
- Grate the enter head of cauliflower into a medium sized bowl then set aside.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, fish sauce, Sriracha, ginger, coconut sugar, and juice from 1 lime. Whisk the mixture until well combined and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the ground turkey.
- Cook the ground turkey over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots, then continue to cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- In a small non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the grated cauliflower. Then sprinkle salt and pepper into the cauliflower.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the sauce mixture that was originally set aside, and reduce the heat to simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes.
To serve: place the ground turkey mixture into lettuce wrap, and top with cabbage and green onion. Cauliflower rice can go in as well or on the side