Today is Daylight Savings Time! We lost an hour of sleep last night. I purposely went to bed a little earlier so that I wouldn’t feel the difference. Somehow, I woke up even earlier than normal and had tons of energy this morning.
While I did laundry this morning, my AMAZING husband made us Avocado toast with a poached egg for breakfast. It was his first time making this, and his first time making poached eggs! It turned out so amazing that I decided to have him as my first GUEST FEATURE on the blog!
Below are the ingredients and directions from him and a few hints/tricks he used for the poached eggs. I hope you all enjoy!
- Eggs- 2
- Wheat toast- 2 slices
- Avocado- 1
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Put enough water in to where egg will be completely submerged (about half of pot if using a big pot)
- Tip: Do not put salt in the water while boiling. It will break the egg whites apart
- While water is boiling, crack your egg into a small bowl/dish and put to the side.
- Once water is boiled, you want to keep it at a rolling boil so the egg does not break a part, swirl water around creating a funnel. This will help the egg whites wrap around the yoke of the egg while cooking
- Slowly pour egg into the water and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Tip: Have a few excess eggs handy in case you mess the first one up
- When done, gently remove egg with strainer or large spoon and place on a plate with a paper towel over it to drain off excess water.
- Toast wheat bread and spread your avocado over toast (I only need half an avocado for two pieces of toast but it is all based off of your preference)
- Gently place egg on avocado spread toast and add light salt and pepper