Happy Monday! Here in Houston it is Spring Break. Which for me means ZERO traffic on the way to work!!! Heck Yes!
Other than it being Spring Break, today is BACHELOR MONDAY! Today, we find out what happens after Colton jumped the fence…. BUT if you are like me, I follow Reality Steve and I’ve known what happens for awhile now. Even though I know what happens, it’s still really interesting to see it all play out!
My hubby helped me with tonight’s yummy dinner! You can pair it with white wine or a glass of rosé while watching THE BACHELOR!
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and tails removed. (I buy frozen and de-thaw under cold water 30 minutes before cooking
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup corn
- ½ red onion
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 lime
- (1) 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup salsa verde
- Cook the brown rice according to the package. (Usually, mix together 2 cups rice with 4 cups water in a saucepan. Once the mixture starts boiling, lower the heat to low, cover, and cook for 40 minutes)
- While the rice is cooking, in a small bow whisk together, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 tablespoons of the adobo sauce, 1 tablespoons honey, ½ teaspoon minced garlic, and juice from ½ a lime.
- Put the shrimp into a gallon sized Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over top.
- Let it marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Next, slice the bell peppers into strips and set aside
- Then, slice ½ of a red onion and also set aside with the bell peppers.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sauté the bell peppers, corn and red onion. Once done, put onto a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the same frying pan and cook the shrimp for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- While the shrimp is cooking, in a food processor combine: 1 cups Greek yogurt, 1 avocado, ½ cup salsa verde, juice from 1 lime, and ½ teaspoon minced garlic.
- To build your bowl, start with the brown rice on the bottom of your bowl, then add veggies, then add shrimp, and top with avocado crema.