Today is the FINALE of The Bachelor! I’m excited to see what happens with Colton and Cassie.
Also, my parents are in town for their Spring Break! My dad ALWAYS asksfor a meal with pasta. So I figured homemade Chicken Piccata would be great dinner.
My wonderful mother was my sous-chef tonight! I hope y’all enjoy
- 1.25 lbs thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breast (the one I purchased is linked)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Angel hair pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a 6 quart saucepan filled hallway with water (3 quarts) on medium heat
- Once the water starts boiling, put in the pasta (enough for 4 people, I used a handful and a half) and lower the heat to medium low.
- Take out two small bowls. In the first bowl whisk 1 egg. In the second bowl, put in the ½ cup flour
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg and then into the flour. Make sure it is evenly coated in flour.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat, once hot add 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place the chicken breast into the skillet and cook about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, put on a plate and set aside
- Lower the heat of the skillet to low. (you may need to wait 2 minutes for it lower)
- Then add 1 cup of chicken broth, juice of 2 lemons, ¾ cup heavy cream, and ¼ cup capers.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then let cook for 5 minutes.
- To serve, put pasta onto a plate, then put the chicken, and top with the sauce.