Well Hello Everyone!! I know it’s been 3 months since I last posted. Holy Moly, that’s a long time.
I had a rough 1st trimester of my pregnancy. I was nauseous all day long, every single day. I also had extreme fatigue. The act of just getting out of bed in the morning and moving to the couch was all I could handle for a while there.
With the nausea, I had a rough time taking the time to cook or prepare meals. I literally had about 10 minute spurts of no nausea randomly throughout the day, so I needed to eat something quick before it came back.
My wonderful husband stepped in and started cooking anything that sounded good to me.
Now that I am in my 2nd trimester, I’m feeling a lot better. The nausea has gone away and I have more energy.
I’m excited to get back in the kitchen, and start eating healthy again.
Today’s post is my all time FAVORITE salad to make. It’s quick, easy, and oh so yummy!!!
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Large Head Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Medium Radicchio
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled, cut in half, then sliced
- 1.5 cups Garbanzo beans (be sure to drain and rinse)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 Pepperoncini, stems cut off and sliced in half
- 1 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2.5 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Black Pepper
- 1.5 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut up the romaine lettuce and make sure to rinse thoroughly. Pat dry with a paper towel. Then place into large bowl.
- Slice the red onion and place into the bowl
- Remove the outer layers of the radicchio. Then slice the radicchio in half. Remove the stem, which is the large white center. Then slice the radicchio and place into the bowl with the lettuce and red onion.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and place into the bowl
- Peel the cucumber, cut in half, then slice. Then place into the bowl
- Once the garbanzo beans have been drained and rinsed, place into the bowl
- Cut the stems off the pepperoncini, then slice them in half. Then add to the bowl
- Add 1/2 cup whole kalamata olives to the bowl.
- Toss together all the ingredients until it is well combined.
- Prepare the dressing: Combine 2.5 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1.5 cups extra virgin olive oil, 1.5 tablespoons oregano, 1 teaspoon basil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1.5 tablespoons minced kalamata olives, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into a small bowl. Season with black pepper then whisk together.