This recipe is yummy and QUICK !!!
We all have those days we come home from work and are just absolutely exhausted (which lately has been me everyday). Well, this is the perfect recipe for those days!
- 1.25 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 cups mixed vegetables. I purchased the HEB frozen broccoli stir fry.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced Green onions for garnish
- 1 cup white or brown rice. Note: brown rice takes longer of time to cook
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For the sauce: Place the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, honey and sesame oil in a small pot over medium high heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Then turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Set sauce aside.
- For the stir fry: Defrost the vegetables
- Cook the rice according to package. (Please note: Brown Rice will take longer to cook, than white rice)
- Heat 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables have started to brown and soften. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook, until water has evaporated.
- Place the shrimp in the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through (shrimp should be pink and opaque).
- Pour the sauce over the top and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium high heat until warmed through.
- Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.