Hi Everyone! I made this cake for the first time this week and it turned out really well! I really like that it is not overly sweet.
For toppings, I didn’t have any fall color sprinkles, so I added white and iridescent ones.
Tip: Don’t spray your Bundt Cake pan until right before you pour your batter into it. That will help keep the whole pan greased so your cake comes out clean.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 Cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 15 Ounces Canned Pumpkin Or you can make homemade pumpkin puree
- 1.5 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1/4 Cup Butter Room Temperature
- 2.5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves then set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, mix oil and sugar until well blended
- Add the eggs one at at time. Make sure it is well combined before adding the second one.
- Add half of your dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin and mix well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and manually stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease your Bundt cake pan. I like to use spray olive oil.
- Pour your cake batter into the pan
- Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- For the icing, make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature before you start.
- In a stand mixer or medium bowl with a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth
- You can add 1 tablespoon water to get the right consistency
- Once the cake has cooled, pipe onto the cake. I spooned it into a ziploc bag and cut the tip off to pip it.